Friday, May 27, 2011

Yep! Those are Auntie Alyson's Pickles. Spicy!

My boy loves pickles. And Auntie Alyson's are the best.

Yesterday I ran down the street to get kale from Mom's garden for the curry recipe I was making. I came home with a bowl of kale and on a whim, I grabbed a jar of Alyson's pickles from Mom's canning shelves.

I have childhood memories of eating Grandma Yoder's wonderful dill pickles. Ryan is collecting childhood memories of Auntie Alyson's wonderful spicy pickles. He loves them. (the curry, not so much)

Maybe I'll talk Alyson into write an entry about pickling pickles this weekend....??

2 comments:

  1. I'm in complete agreement with Ryan on the pickles (but not the curry!), and Alyson's spicy dilly-beans are also excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thought makes my mouth water. Too bad I'm in bed, having brushed my teeth. Otherwise, I might be tempted to access a pickle now myself.

    ReplyDelete